Bo-Kaap

“De Schotschekloof”, 79 Dorp Street

This is probably the oldest building in the Bokaap, and was the homestead of the Schotsche Kloof Garden. It was granted to Andries Thomasz in 1707. In the 1724-estate inventory the owner Christina de Bruyn, described it as single storey. Jan de Waal must have converted the house into a double story soon after aquiring the property, because in the 1768-estate inventory, it was described as double storey.

Comments

comments

This entry was posted in Place, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.